- A GPA of 3.5 or greater.
- Prior research experience through a research intensive course or an independent research experience in a laboratory setting.
- Exhibit distinguishing characteristics such as academic commitment, personal integrity, and contribution to the Community.
- US citizens or permanent residents.
The full application, including the following application materials, is due March 9, 2020:
- Student general information including prior research experience.
- Unofficial transcripts.
- Student curriculum vitae/biosketch.
- An essay (maximum of 500 words) about personal and professional goals and how the Beckman Scholar experience would further these goals.
- Proposed research project details (maximum of 1000 words) that includes a description of the student’s proposed role in the project with a Beckman Mentor.
- Commitment letter from a Beckman Mentor.
- One confidential evaluation from a faculty mentor who has direct knowledge of your prior research experience.
- One additional confidential letter of recommendation from a faculty who is qualified to assess the applicant’s qualifications and potential.
Recommendation letters and unofficial transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2020.
The finalists will be invited by the executive search committee to schedule an interview. Interviews will be held in late March/early April.